Information for Students
Service promise for our Students
- High level of support: You can always talk with us before and after the programs. You will receive an individual appointment within a week. We maintain an open-door policy for urgent cases, such as decisions that can slow down the next steps of a project. The external staff is contactable via email or phone, and an appointment can be made at any time.
- Your emails will be answered within 24 hours on weekdays! Most of the time even faster.
- Feedback discussions: Following Subsequent to projects, seminars, and presentations we offer you the opportunity to have personal feedback discussions. Please contact us in this regard.
- We are open to personal, and critical discussions. If you prefer to remain anonymous, use our mailbox at the secretariat.
Lecture Courses, Exercises, and Project Seminars
- Relevant current literature will be ordered in agreement with the library's financial possibilities.
- We regularly update lecture course content and documents.
- Teaching materials can generally be found in stud.ip two business days before the program.
- We ensure that our presentation content is always current with the state of academic knowledge via intensive research activity. Particularly application-orientation is important to us.
- Bring your ideas: you can submit self-created exam questions and help us in the constant adaptation and evolution of content.
- Your exams will be corrected within four weeks.
- Towards the end of the semester we offer exam training for every lecture courses, in which we present general questions about the exams and examples of exam questions.
- We offer a download with the current PDF references, further reading, and student or demo versions of the software used for every program.
- Program evaluations: We have all of our programs evaluated and use constructive criticism to continuously improve the quality of teaching.
- We provide support for both theoretical and application-oriented academic papers.
- We have designed our instructions for editing academic papers in particular detail, and they contain numerous guidelines and tips for you.
- You will receive a wide range of current and relevant PDF articles when choosing a theme we have suggested (Final Thesis Papers). Of course, an independent literature research is necessary for a solid paper.
- We complete initial expert opinions for written academic papers within four weeks!
- In the event of high academic quality, joint publications from the projects and theses may come about. To date, a number of publications have been published in conference proceedings and in journals in collaboration with students.
- You can come to us at any time with your own suggestions for topics. After a discussion, the topic can be edited in the form you have requested, or in an adapted form.
- Practical work provides an excellent opportunity for entering the profession. Therefore we encourage practical work in cooperation with partner companies.
- After correction, we also offer the opportunity for a personal feedback discussion.
- We maintain two e-book readers in the department for our final thesis students. These can be borrowed (if available) for 4 weeks and will be filled with relevant background literature by your supervisor. You can of course load additional documents onto the e-book reader in order to read them in this pleasant format. The loan period is 4 weeks after registration of your final thesis at the examination office, and may be extended by a maximum of 2 weeks.
We need your help for the successful implementation of our service promise:
- Attendance in the programs
- Active and constructive participation
- Cooperation and respect for teachers and fellow students, just as we show respect for you