19. November 2020 : Journal paper selected as a Highly Commended Paper in the 2020 Emerald Literati Awards
We are proud to announce that the journal article 'The role of business analytics in the controllers and management accountants’ competence profiles: an exploratory study on individual level data', https://www.emerald.com/insight/content/doi/10.1108/JAOC-10-2018-0097/full/html, by Dr. Thuy Duong Oesterreich and Prof. Dr. Frank Teuteberg, published in 2019 in the Journal of Accounting & Organizational Change (VHB Ranking B), has been selected as a Highly Commended Paper in the 2020 Emerald Literati Awards. The editorial team said that it is one of the most exceptional pieces of work they saw throughout 2019.
The Outstanding Paper Awards have been the backbone of the Emerald Literati Awards for Excellence. The winners are chosen by a journal editorial team giving the winning authors confidence in knowing that their paper was one of the most impressive pieces of work from the previous year.
The editor and Editorial Advisory Board (EAB) of each journal is invited to select a winner of the ‘Outstanding Paper’ award and up to three ‘Highly Commended’ awards from the previous year’s volume.
Award Winning Criteria:
- Research creates impact and generates real change beyond academia
- Contribution of something new to the body of knowledge either in terms of approach or subject matter
- Excellent structure and presentation
- Rigour in terms of argument or analysis
- Relevance – to practice and further research, in most cases
- Up-to-date – demonstrating that the latest/key works in the field have been cited
Ultimately, an outstanding paper should have the ‘x-factor’ – something that makes it stand out from the rest.